Stick this in https://gist.github.com/181e9ab9b588344aac90 as your .git/hooks/pre-commit
I have been working on porting Croogo 1.3 to run on top of CakePHP 2.0, and it's nearly done! You can view the branch on github. Next step will be converting my plugins. This site itself is already running on top of CakePHP 2.0 (2.1 branch: 2.0.0-131-gad524b2), with:
- An experimental port of Zurb Foundation as Croogo theme
- Modified HopelessArt theme by Pascal Precht (currently disabled)
- phpedinei's Gallery plugin converted to 2.0.
RIP: Dennis Ritchie
If there is any death that should be mourned in the month of October, it is that of Dennis Ritchie. I doubt that he would want to be evangelized (like another passing that occurred recently), but your respects we ask for. If you have an iPhone or an iPad, iMac or iPod, his work is there. Much of it is just the way he left it. The difference is, he actually invented it.
After watching this, I found myself reminiscing about my fond first brushes with Linux, incarnated as Slackware and Redhat a long long time ago, in a continent far far away.
If I recall correctly, this was the days that:
- Slackware install had around 12 floppy disks
- Fvwm95 was the coolest Window Manager
- Redhat was a new kid on the block
- You rant on usenet instead on twitter
- People hunt for goblins and orcs in MUDs instead of harvesting lands in Farmville
I'll be needing a photo gallery plugin for a new project. Thankfully, Croogo already has a photo gallery plugin by Edinei L. Cipriani. But the project needs a more 'flashy' transitions. So, here's a demo with my updated version using nivo-slider featuring the beautiful Yvonne Strahovski.
Edit: I'm experimenting with Zurb's Foundation as a Croogo theme, and the gallery has been changed to use Orbit.